Monday, December 3, 2012

Toasty Holiday Season

So, you may think that I mean 'toasty' in the sense of snuggled up against a warm fire. Mmm, sort of. We are toasty here in Charleston. It was 76 degrees today! Now, I love it, don't get me wrong, but I kind of want the cold, crisp air back! I want my weather to match my Christmas decorations and candles! I also have a little yummy toasted coconut as well...in a delightful beverage form...to make you smile:-)

If there are two things this town does right...they are food and drink. This Ultimate Coconut Cake Cocktail is from the infamous Peninsula Grill here in Charleston. Yes, Oprah literally had their coconut cake practically airlifted whenever she wanted it. This is in a drink form. Smackin' Good!

Coconut Anglaise (find at charlestonmag.com)
1 Tbs Toasted Coconut Flakes
1 oz half-and-half (fat free for those trying to watch it)
1 oz Stoli Vanil Vodka
1 oz Malibu Rum
3/4 oz Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur
3/4 oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
1 Strawberry, for garnish

Rim glass in coconut anglaise, then with the toasted flakes. Add liqueur ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until frothy and strain into glass. Garnish with strawberry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment